This meeting was held in Ajuji Hotel Abuja on the 21st of March 2019.
Stakeholders’ representatives were:
- Governors’ Forum
- Private Sector
- Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council
- Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria
- Federal Ministry Power Works &Housing
- National Orientation Agency
- National Television Authority
- Ministry of Budget and National Planning
- News Agency of Nigeria
- Federal Ministry of Environment
- Office of the Senior Special Advisor to the Presidency on SDG
- Office of the WASH Ambassador
- Federal Ministry of Education
At the meeting the CSOs facilitated by Society for Water and Sanitation- NEWSAN were able to come up with 3 Commitments which were to be presented at the SMM in Costa Rica on the 3-5 of April 2019.
1. NEWSAN commits to build advocacy messages, activities and engage with policymakers so as to hold them accountable for their compliance with Nigeria’s WASH sector’s 2014 and 2019 SWA commitments and Ngor declaration by 2021.
2. NEWSAN will intensify its engagement with the State Governors on a state by state basis through Nigeria’s Governors’ Forum (NGF) and enlist the support and concerns of the Legislators at both National and State Levels towards the improved provision of WASH services by 2021.
3. NEWSAN will work with the government and advocate for the establishment of an appropriate mechanism and conducive environment that will guide the participation of the private sector in supporting and providing WASH services and facilities by 2021.